Rahu and Ketu are shadow planets and have no physical form like other seven planets. Taurus is its exaltation sign and Scorpio is its debilitated sign. Rahu also acts a catalyst agent to enhance the results of that strong planet with whom it is conjoined.
General charters tics of Rahu:
- Considered as cruel, significator of bondage, dark complexion, tamsic or arrogant nature, harsh or evil thinking, Rahu also represents Akash element and contributes for fear psychosis and madness.
- Rahu is a shadow planet hence deals with the shadow actions or psychological aspects of a person. Rahu represents serpent head, it strikes too fast, hence is an indicator of accident. It has secretive deals. People with strong Rahu even try to understand mysticism and secrets of universe.
- Rahu is responsible for profession in investigation, scientist, computer programmer, lecturer, psychologist, expert in mental diseases, politicians and work related to radio/telephone/ television and astrology.
- Rahu is responsible for sinking with ship or drawing, pleasure with diseased women, life in a cave. Being a significator of Akash element Rahu is also responsible for journey by aeroplane. Rahu can cause imprisonment if it is placed in 12th house.
- Rahu like Saturn has separative tendencies hence breaks many houses and even business partnerships. It is responsible for marital or family discord. It is a planet of suddenness hence gives quick and sudden results. In human relations it, it commands the maternal -side and in-laws.
- On the human body Rahu is indicator of skin diseases, causes abortions, and affects the nervous system, phobia, stammering, leprosy, tumours, serpent bits, amputation, leprosy, giddiness and early child deaths.
Planetary effects of Rahu:
- Generally Rahu offers the results of the planets with which it is conjoined, or by which it is aspected or by the ruler of the sign in which they are placed.
- Astrologers consider Rahu as a very strong and powerful and it snatches power of a planet/s to whom it is associated with. All attributes/qualities of that planet/s are being taken by Rahu and the result may happen accordingly in its period.
- If Rahu placed in benefice houses like 5th/9th and if it is in conjunction with or aspected by lord of Maraka hose such that is 2nd/7th, it causes death in their Dasha, even through the lord of house 5th/9th are highly auspicious or produce raj-yoga.
- If Rahu is in Maraka houses or in 2nd/7th and if it is conjoined with or aspected by lords of 5th/9th, it does not causes death, but it increases one’s health and contribute for the longer life span of the native.
- If Rahu is paced in 2nd/7th and if lords of 2nd/7th are conjoined with it or aspect Rahu the latter then gets the power of inflicting death.
- Rahu place in 6th/8th/12th house and associated with lords of quadrants/trines, the native will enjoy the beneficial results during the transition period or Mahadasa of such planet, but they will also suffer from diseases, undergo many difficulties and meet with accident during Antradasha of lord of 6th/8th/12th planets.
- Rahu placed in 1st/3rd/4th/7th/9th/10th and benefice or Yogkarak planets conjoin or aspect it, one can expect happiness, health, wealth, children, power, prosperity and comforts of conveyance in their periods.
- Rahu combine with Sun/Moon or in close conjunction with them produces Eclipse yoga. This yoga affects the digestion and progeny. The native faces many hardships in the life regarding luck, education career and child birth.
Brief description of effects produced by placement of Rahu in different house:
- 1st — cruel, courageous, dark complexion, faith in religion.
- 2nd— argumentative, quarrelsome, knowledge in computer or electronics.
- 3rd— wealthy, wrestler, sportsman, healthy.
- 4th— unhappy, problem related with mother and property.
- 5th— progeny problems, abortions, timid, poor intelligence.
- 6th— winner, no enemy, freedom from diseases.
- 7th— late/unconventional marriage, diabetic and egoistic.
- 8th— exile, loose morals, litigation and settlement away from the birth place.
- 9th— political career, wealthy and expert in many fields.
- 10th— politics, interest in literature and scholar.
- 11th — excess flow of income and fame.
- 12th— imprisonment, saint fame gained outside the country.
GEETA JHA [SPIRITUAL HEALER]